Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Byron Bay 2015 - a little holiday before Christmas

We just finished up our annual December trip to Byron Bay and as always, it was the perfect, relaxing time we crave at this time of year.
It was all about blue skies, warm water and endless hours spent on the beach.







We had delicious Acai bowls for breakfast on the deck. It was a lovely way to start the day. 
Breakfast looking out to the frangipani trees and the ocean.


We visited The Farm for a coffee and enjoyed a browse in the shop, picked up the best Linseed and Sunflower seed sourdough and had a walk through the Macadamia orchard. My city kids were fascinated with the old tractor. It's the simple things.










I also couldn't resist a little shopping. I especially love popping into my favourites Ahoy Trader and Hope & May. I also loved everything in the Moroccan pop up shop Marr-Kett. Especially the peacock mirror. Swoon!






And of course a trip to Byron wouldn't be the same without a trip up to the lighthouse and an ice-cream whilst enjoying the view.




This trip was memorable for the fact that Jasper paddled into a wave by himself for the first time.


And Noah stood up and rode the surfboard for the first time alone. He doesn't need Simon on the back anymore.


I even caught a few waves myself. No photographic evidence though ;)
I need to keep up with them!

I love these lazy days before Christmas. It starts the holidays off right and helps melt away the stresses of the year.




I love taking photos of the boys each year in the same spaces. It's great to look back and see how much they've grown. You can see my holiday post from last year here

And also my post on Byron Bay and all of our favourite places here

Do you have a holiday coming up?
Have you been to Byron? 

1 comment:

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover