Monday, December 3, 2012

The Grounds, Alexandria.

It was my mum's birthday the other day so we flew her up to Sydney to spend a couple of days with us.

After we picked mum up from the airport we had lunch at the divine The Grounds in Alexandria.

It has been somewhere I have wanted to go for a while but just never got around to. So being in the area was the perfect excuse for a visit.

The food and service were lovely but the real attraction is the decor and atmosphere. It is truly a beautiful spot. The courtyard is gorgeous with a mixture of greenery and an industrial feel.
They also do takeaways so it is the perfect spot for coffee and a quick bite to eat.













There was also a little cubby house and slide to keep the kids entertained which is always a bonus. On the day we went there was no wait or crowds which was nice. The Grounds is really worth a visit, I will definitely be back.

Have you been?


all images my own.

9 comments:

  1. looks like a great place for pretty much everything...
    Bec x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Bec! They even have functions there which would be beautiful x

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to go. It's on my list. Maybe we can go during the holidays? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes B, would be so good as there is so much room for the prams x

      Delete
  3. Wow, it looks like a really lovely spot with lots of decorating ideas to steal. Love that there's a cubby house too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say I was dying to go there for ages, finally went a few weeks ago, but left feeling a little disappointed. Absolutely agree with you about the decor and the setting, I refer to it as an 'Instagrammers delight' because of all the gorgeous photo opps (hello rusty typewriter in the bushes) :). However, we waited for ages (Sunday breakfast - peak time)and I wasn't all that impressed with the food. Maybe I had the grumps because of the wait?! I would definitely advise people to go during the week and avoid the busy weekend trade!!
    p.s. love your blog Simone, it was the first ever blog I started following regularly a year ago!
    Daisy x
    IG: @caesargia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it really does look quiet!

    Maybe there was a function on when I went a few Fridays ago, because it was so busy with people everywhere, lines out the door.

    I've heard the brekkie is really good too.

    Great photos x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the grounds! But more importantly there is my favorite smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Simone, your boys are so gorgeous. You know funnily enough, I live about 10 minutes drive from that spot... but never knew it existed. Until I received an invite through blogging to attend a product launch for Be Natural food bars. So I saw it for the first time very recently. A lovely little spot, in the middle of quite a built up industrial area. Glad you were able to share it with your Mama, perfect! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover